Hair loss in women is perceived as a nightmare and it can cause a deeply distressing and demoralizing experience in a woman’s life. Hair for women is deemed as a precious jewel that shapes her beauty standards and is a symbol of femininity. One hair strand is of an extreme value to any woman and once they start shedding more hair on a daily basis they start panicking which adversely impacts their psychology. Unlike for men, it is not a widely accepted notion to see women with a balding scalp without regarding them as suffering some kind of disease which caused their hair to fall. In some societies a balding or a woman with an extremely thinning hair is disregarded by people and is not acceptable for them which can utterly affect a woman’s social, emotional and professional well-being.
So which pattern does a female hair loss take? Female pattern baldness or female hair loss, also known as Androgenetic Alopecia is a form of hair loss that occurs in women and takes a distinct pattern than male pattern baldness. Female pattern hair loss is characterized by miniaturization of the hair follicles, where the hair follicles become smaller and produce shorter, thinner, more fragile hairs, and can eventually stop producing any hair. In female pattern baldness, hair begins to thin gradually and is followed by diffused hair loss which begins from the top of the head moving backwards to the crown area. Women rarely suffer from a receding hairline as in the case of men and are unlikely to get entirely bald.
What can cause female hair loss?
There are various potential factors that cause hair loss in women which can be related to family history of hair loss and baldness, hormonal changes and menopause, medical conditions, consumption of birth control pills, stress, having an unbalanced nutrition and excessive styling and using hair products containing harmful chemicals. Below, the possible causes of hair loss are discussed in details.
- Heredity: hair loss and baldness is hereditary and can be passed from parent to children. If one of your family members had a history of hair loss then you are most likely to develop a female pattern baldness.
- Birth control pills and pregnancy: consumption of birth control pills can speed the process of hair loss especially if you were diagnosed with an inherited hair loss. Pregnancy as well has its effects in losing hair. Many women have experienced hair loss post pregnancy which usually starts six to eight weeks after delivery and that is due to certain hormonal changes that the body goes through this period.
- Menopause: is a period in a woman’s life usually occurs at the age of 45 and 50 when menstruation cycle comes to an end. Due to this biological process the body goes through some changes in the hormonal levels and a decrease in the production of Estrogen and Progesterone comes about. The latter, are hormones which are responsible for rapid and quick hair growth.
- Medical conditions and hormonal changes: Thyroid, Iron Deficiency Anemia and diabetes are among some diseases that can cause sudden hair loss. A hyperactive or underactive thyroid gland can contribute highly to hair loss as hormonal levels are affected by the changes in the function of the thyroid gland.
- Stress and traumatic events: women may notice excessive hair shedding quite a few months after a nerve wracking or shocking situation that occured in their lives.
How to treat female pattern baldness forever?
Since women hair loss takes a different form of thinning and diffused hair across the scalp, treatments differ widely. It is very crucial to consult with your doctor or dermatologist to determine the cause and discuss the most appropriate treatment for your case. Treatments can vary from prescribing the use of Minoxidil or similar medications which help in reducing and preventing hair loss; however, it is important to note that if you stop using these treatments your hair will start falling out again. Additionally, a more guaranteed and permanent treatment for hair loss is to undergo a hair transplant surgery. It is very important to keep in mind that not all the women are good candidates for hair transplant due to their hair loss pattern which is diffused all over the scalp. That is why it is important to get a medical consultation beforehand.
Women Hair transplantation in Turkey
Lately, Turkey has been observing a rising demand for hair transplant procedures for women. This growing demand for women hair transplant is driven by the very successful previous cases of women who were able to restore their lost hair and beauty back again. In fact, what distinguishes Turkey from other countries offering hair transplant services, is the incomparable and satisfying results that surpass patient’s expectation with reasonable costs. Turkey is a pool of qualified hair transplant surgeons who acquire accumulated years of expertise and are always developing themselves to meet the highest standards and provide top services along with affordable prices. Hair transplant in Turkey is not only a procedure of extracting and transplanting hair follicles; moreover, it is a comprehensive procedure which combines surgical and artistic skills that assures a tremendous and natural-looking hair. The procedure is simply done using the advanced MicroFUE technique (Follicular Unit Extraction) by extracting healthy hair follicles one by one from the donor area at the back of the head and transferring/implanting them into the receiving sites, leaving no scars whatsoever in the donor area. This technique is an outpatient procedure which means patients are not required to stay in the hospital and they can leave right after the operation is done. And eventually, by choosing to undergo the operation at the best hair transplant centre in Turkey you can say goodbye to all your sufferings and welcome to a new, happier, and a life free-of-stress with the most stunning appearance ever.